lanterns and night lights


summer evenings are always most enjoyable to me. sitting out or taking a long walk with friends, enjoying a good conversation or my favourite; backyard fires with some s'mores and good tunes. i actually made this playlist for a plane ride to France but i'm enjoying the mellow songs for my evenings at home. sorry there is no player, you'll just have to check out the songs on your own!

1) Printemps - Coeur de pirate
2) Ashley - The Dodos
3) Satellite Heart - Anya Marina
4) The Night Starts Here - Stars
5) We All Are Dancing - Yoav
6) Big Jet Plane - Angus & Julia Stone
7) Lemonworld - The National
8) The Great Estates - Freelance Whales


9) Funeral Singers - Califone
10) Anonanimal - Andrew Bird
11) Finish Line - Fanfarlo
12) Cubism Dream - Local Natives
13) Who Knows Who Cares - Local Natives
14) Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons
15) England - The National
16) Stealing Tomorrow (Live) - Great Lake Swimmers
17) Psalm - Hey Rosetta!



2 comments:

  1. Planes,trains or backyard fires, this is a great compilation. From the playful "Printemps" which made me smile, to Tim Baker's moody "Psalm", I enjoyed all the songs on this playlist. "Satellite Heart" is perfect for Anya Marina's voice. I loved "We All Are Dancing" -- the beat and the guitar work -- would like to hear more by Yoav. Who wouldn't fall in love with The National's Matt Beringer's sexy baritone voice? The Andrew Bird selection is very theatrical/operatic and reminds me a little of some of the work I've heard from Rufus Wainwright. Does Fanfarlo remind you of Talking Heads? "Awake My Soul" is a great song and I cranked up the volume on this one.

    Thanks, Angela! -- M.

    ReplyDelete

thoughts?